Skinny Fat to Fit

Okay, so maybe I'm not everyone's definition to skinny fat. Some people would say that is a title for those that are a size one or zero but have a flabby tummy. Considering that the average clothing size for women in the U.S. is between a 12-14, and I'm at a size 6-8, I'm going to consider myself in the skinnier side of things.
    
Background:

 I've always been about a size 3-4 my Adult life, that is after having 2 children (I had children very young!) Back in 2013, while my husband was deployed, I decided to fill up my already busy life of school, 2 kids in sports/school and volunteering with my husband's FRG unit with getting in shape and tightening up my very loose tummy. Well, in the 9 months he was gone, I completed 2 rounds of Insanity, 2 rounds of T25, and a round of Rock Hard Abs, I also hit the gym 2-4 times a week. I wasn't quite tracking what I was eating, I was just more conscientious of it. I averaged half a pound to 3/4 of a pound lost a week. It was very slow progress, and although I could see the muscle forming, it wasn't as much as I'd hoped. In all, I lost about 15lbs and went from about 130lbs to 113lbs. When my husband returned in 2014, it was hard to add one more thing into the mix and I fell off my work out wagon. I tried several times to get back into it, but moving to Alaska in 2015 and then getting pregnant in 2016, and then breastfeeding until  2018 was not only demotivating, but mannnnnn that weight distribution after the 3rd has been killing me emotionally. I was still at the 130lbs I've always been when I don't workout, but was now in a size 7-8.
 
Left this mirror dirty because... #MomLife... my toddler is constantly getting it dirty! Check out the smaller muffin top. Same Pants!!

  I didn't let it affect too much, if anything I was enjoying the "I can eat extra calories because I'm breastfeeding" stage. I went to the thrift store and bought a few jeans so that trying to fit into my old jeans wouldn't be a thought.

FAST FORWARD!!
We are now in Texas, now DONE breastfeeding, and motivated to get in SHAPE!! Goals is Buff Bunny from YouTube. There are 2 main things I am using to kick start my fitness journey from Skinny Fat to Fit!!
The first is T-25 with Shaun T. I found him extremely motivating my first go-round, and although I felt it more rewarding when I completed Insanity versus T-25, I think jumping into such a high intensity workout without a modifier (Tonya The Machine in T-25) would almost guarantee that I don't make it through the first month. I found my copy of the set of DVDs on a For Sale FB group for $35, look at your local sales pages if you're thrifty like me!! You can also find it online, here is a link directly from Beachbody if you want to read more about it!
The second tool I've been using is this great app that I have been using religiously, My Fitness Pal. It seems to be a very popular one. I'm only using the free version, but it has helped tremendously with making me conscious of what I'm putting in my body. I try to add it before I eat whatever I'm planning on eating and has little notes of when something is high in a certain thing like Fat or Sugar, and I'm now making sure I hit my protein goal for the day. Because I don't like spending too much money, I am using Aldi's brand of protein powder and I keep Aldi's brand meal replacement bars- these are the things I eat instead of lunch. I've never really been much of a lunch person anyway. I also try to do my T-25 during my daughter's nap time, which is right before lunch time.

I am only 18 days into my journey this time, but I absolutely feel "thinner" just by putting my hands on my hips! I am down 2.2lbs and I just put on my size 5 shorts yesterday without a HUGE muffin top! It's the small things!!
These pictures were taken wearing the same pants. You can see how much more my "FAT" pops out Day 1!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skinny Fat to Fit Diaries: T25 and Keto UPDATE

Before/After T25 pictures (Results)

Kids Summer Schedule with Spanish Worksheets