Kids Summer Schedule with Spanish Worksheets

That bittersweet time of the year has come! The one where you're happy to not HAVE to wake up early, but where you now have kids to entertain ALL DAY!

I usually have the kids do some schoolwork in the summer. I feel like it sets a schedule so their days aren't mush, and also gives them some knowledge so they don't return to school completely clueless.
Now, I am definitely NOT one of those moms that has their stuff together, if you know what I mean, so my schedule isn't completely structured. It kind of starts when I'm done with my breakfast/ coffee/ scrolling social media. Bedtime? If we don't have anywhere to be the next day, then I don't care what time they go to bed, as long as it's before midnight. These kids still worked hard all year, so I'm not going to keep them on a 8-3 school work schedule. Not to mention, I have told them they will be doing a summer sport too. My 11 year old is doing soccer, while my 7 year old will try out gymnastics (their choice). Anyway, the rest of the schedule looks like this:
(I've come to the conclusion that I am  a mix of a Hot Mess Express Mom and a Schedule Mom)


Summer Schedule

 Mon.- Fri.
 
Reading
20 minutes
Math
2-3 pages, depending on difficulty
Writing
Half a page- I choose topic
Spanish
YouTube Video/ me talking/ worksheet
Game
Could be in the form of a worksheet, dice, or competition between the kids using a whiteboard
Chore
They have set chores to choose from- must do in order to watch YouTube or use PS4
Free Time!!
They can do whatever they want with their time now!
Bedtime
No later than midnight!


The main thing I want to focus on is Spanish. That's the one thing I will be very hands on about, along with math for obvious reasons. I've been trying to find worksheets that I can print out for the kids, but it is SO HARD to find FREE worksheets that are not completely different from one another, or that can be used to progressively teach the same thing.
Today was DAY 1, and I went to like 10 different websites that were titled "FREE BEGINNER WORKSHEETS", only to have to sign up, scroll through a bunch of pages that were all different levels and not at all what I wanted. Then our power ended up going out so I couldn't even print anything out. I ended up pulling out a white board and writing what we are focusing on this week:
The Alphabet!!
We saw a YouTube video song, I spent time explaining the sounds and then we played a game. In the space at the bottom, I would call out a letter and they raced to see who could get it first. They both equally got letters! I will leave this up all week, as I've also challenged them to memorize them. (We did do Spanish last summer too, so this should be a refresher for them.) I have made a little "Treasure Pot" where I've added stuff from candy to "NO Chore" days as incentives to work extra hard at their Spanish.

After our power came back on, I was on the hunt for more worksheets I could use for the following weeks. Well, I found a few on Education.com, but it was frustrating me to not get exactly what I was looking for... so I made some!!
Preview of the worksheets

These all have the same pictures and it keeps it easy. Just pictures and names. The first deals with the exact translation and practice writing it. For Day 2, I will have them cut the pictures and words and paste them into opposite sides of note cards to make flash cards. Then I added a matching page for Day 3, Day 4 will include just Flash Cards and the included page for "Test Day" will be Day 5. The following links are for the worksheets, which are on Google Drive. Just Click and Print!!


Fruit Worksheet #3

I'll be ordering workbooks from Amazon to see how they compare!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skinny Fat to Fit Diaries: T25 and Keto UPDATE

Before/After T25 pictures (Results)